Add New Merchant
The Add New Merchants section of your Reseller Console provides a complete application form for you to add a new merchant to your system. To complete a new merchant application, fill in the following information:
Reseller Contact Information
The information in this section will specify which reseller is responsible for the merchant account and the reseller email address to which all of the merchant's emails will be directed.
|Reseller Contact Information|
|Company||in most cases this space will be pre-filled with the name of your reseller company|
|Contact||in most cases this space will be pre-filled with your reseller contact person's name|
|in most cases this field will be pre-filled with your reseller email, but you may edit it on a per-merchant basis if desired|
Merchant Contact Information
The merchant contact information section of the application should include all of the merchant's essential contact information.
|Merchant Contact Information|
|Contact||the name of the contact person at the merchant company|
|Company||name of merchant company|
|Street||merchant street address|
|Street 2||further street information (optional)|
|Zip||merchant zip code|
|Alternate Email||additional merchant email (optional)|
|Website||merchant ecommerce website homepage URL|
|Fax||merchant fax telephone number|
|Phone Number||merchant contact telephone number|
|Mobile Number||merchant contact mobile phone number|
Adding Processing Platforms
Next add processing platform options for your merchant. Processing options include:
Credit Card Processors
There are several options for merchant credit card processing platforms. Your merchant must already be a registered user of one of the supported systems. Click Add Credit Card Processor, and select the platform from the dropdown of which your new merchant is a member and enter the information required for the specified platform.
Each platform requires that you enter different merchant information in order to authorize credit card processing for your new merchant. Some options may require that you reenter your merchant's contact and billing information.
Available Credit Card Processors:
- First Data Nashville DL Host
- First Data North
- First Data Rapid Connect
- First Data Canada
- Planet Payment
- WorldPay (RBS)
- WorldPay (Vantiv)
First Data DL Host
FDMS Rapid Connect
If the merchant will have check processing capabilities click Add Check Processor, select the platform from the dropdown and fill in the required information. Select which (if any) electronic check processing service your merchant is a member of. Your merchant must be a member of one of these companies in order to be able to process checks electronically.
If the merchant will have giftcard processing capabilities, select the appropriate giftcard processing option and fill in the required information. Select which (if any) electronic giftcard processing service your merchant is a member of. Your merchant must be a member of one of these companies in order to be able to process giftcards electronically.
Credit Card Processing Config
If you have added a credit card processing platform you will have to set a credit card processing config including an Open Credit Policy, Debit Only Settings, and Batch Settings.
In the Batch Settings section set up the merchant's default batch closure settings. Below are descriptions of each field:
- Auto Close Batches Every: How often you want your batches to automatically close (auto-close). Options are:
- Specific Time - When you select ‘Specific Time’ from the ‘Auto Close Batch Every’ drop down menu, you will be given the option to set a specific time (in Pacific Standard Time) for the merchants batches to close. You may also set multiple times for the batch to close.
- 6 hours
- 12 hours
- 24 hours
- 48 hours
- 72 hours
- Never - If you select ‘Never’, the merchant will have to close their batch manually.
- Send Batch Reports To: Enter the email address(es) you would like to have Batch Reports sent to. To enter multiple email addresses, separate each email with a comma.
- Send Batch Errors To: Enter the email address(es) you would like to have Batch Errors sent to. To enter multiple email addresses, separate each email with a comma.
Merchant Billing Information
In addition to essential billing information such as bank name and routing and account numbers, this section of the application also allows you to specify which setup fees (if any) should be billed to the merchant's account. You can also select the merchant's Gateway Package and pricing options in this section of the application.
|Bank Name||name of merchant service bank|
|Routing Number||merchant bank routing number|
|Account Number||merchant bank account number|
Select a Gateway Package
Choose a gateway package, gateway packages will vary depending on your account. If you have futher questions about packages and billing, contact our channel sales department at email@example.com.
Merchant User Account
In this section of the new merchant application you should enter a username for the merchant account as well as any email addresses to which the username should be sent upon activation. If you choose not to enter a username, one will be assigned to the merchant by a customer service agent when the application is processed.
|Merchant User Account|
|Username||select a username for your new merchant, or leave this space blank and a username will be assigned by a customer service agent|
|Send Instructions To||merchant email address(es) to which instructions should be sent - multiple email addresses may be entered and separated by a comma (i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com)|
Click on the drop-down menu to choose the merchants console version. Select "Version 1" for the Legacy Console or "Version 2" for the most recent console version.
Call In Passcode
You may choose to create a call-in password with which merchants will be required to verify their identity when calling customer service. The call-in password is optional. If a password is entered, the merchant will be required to provide it when contacting customer service. This password is visible to customer service agents and should not be the same as the merchant's login password.
Note: This field is optional.
You can choose to create one or more API keys for the new merchant you add.
Each source used by a merchant (such as their point of sale system, online shopping cart, mobile device, etc.) is assigned a unique "Key" by the gateway. This key is used to identify the source of each transaction when it is processed through the gateway. Each source and its corresponding key is stored in the Sources and Keys section of the Merchant Console.
You may enter the name of a source here, or you may choose to wait until the merchant application has been processed.
Each source key can have an assigned PIN, but a PIN should only be assigned to the source key if you are sure that the merchant's software can support a PIN. If you are not sure, please leave the PIN space blank.
If you choose to include a source in the new merchant application so that a key can be generated, please include an email address in the "Email Key To" space. Once the key has been generated by the gateway, the merchant will receive important information about the key via this email address.
|Source Key (optional)|
|Key Name||The name of the source to which the key will belong (i.e. POS, eCart, Mobile Device, etc.)|
|PIN||PIN (Personal Identification Number) assigned to the key (optional) only enter if you are sure a PIN will be supported by the merchant's software|
- Email- Email the api key to an email address. This option will require you to enter an email to send the API key info to.
- Software Vendor- Select software to create an API key for, and to integrate to. This option will require you to select a software vedor from the list.
You can also adjust the advances settings for the api key.
- Allowed Commands - Select the commands the API key will be permitted to process. Your allowed commands should be based on who will be using the source, how public it is, and the specific fraud modules you plan to add. Available commands: Sale, Auth Only, Check Sale, Cash Sale, Credit, Post Auth, Check Credit, Cash Credit, Void, and Capture.
- Duplicate Transaction Handling - This setting allows you to prevent fraud by catching similar or identical transactions occurring within a set period of time. Please Note: This option is not compatible with check transactions and should not be used in conjunction with the Duplicate Detection fraud module.
- This feature folds transactions when two or more transactions:
- 1) happen within the specified Time Limit AND
- 2) the specified criteria matches.
- In the event a duplicate transaction is detected, the system will fold in the second transaction and the customer will be shown the first authorization again. To enable this feature enter a number of minutes in the "Time Limit" field and select one of the following options in the drop down menu:
- None: Selecting this option leaves this feature DISABLED. This is the default setting.
- Fold if ALL data matches: Transactions processed within the time limit where all transaction data matches will be folded. Duplicate transactions must be processed on this payment form to be folded.
- Fold if card #, amount, order ID, and source match: Transactions processed within the time limit with the same card number, amount, and order ID will be folded. Duplicate transactions must processed on this payment form to be folded.
- Fold if card # and amount match: Transactions processed within the time limit with the same card number and amount will be folded. When this option is enabled, the gateway looks at ALL previous transactions on the account (not just those processed on this form), when determining if a transaction is a duplicate.
- This feature folds transactions when two or more transactions:
- Transaction Timeout - Enter the maximum time you would like transactions to wait before the transaction times out. This should be entered in seconds.
- Expired Authorizations - Select from the drop down menu on what actions to take for expired authorizations. Options are shown below:
- Ignore expiration and capture original auth - Checks "Expire Auth After" in settings. If authorization has expired, it will force a capture of the original authorization. Please Note: Maximum "Expire Auth After" setting is 30 days. We would not recommend capturing transactions over 60 days due to the charge back risk.
- Block capture and return error - Checks "Expire Auth After" in settings. If authorization has expired, an error will be returned.
- Re-authorize transaction - Checks "Expire Auth After" in settings. If the authorization has expired, it will attempt to reauthorize the same card.
- Email Merchant Receipt To - Any emailed merchant receipts will be sent to this email address. You may add more than one email by adding additional emails on new lines.
- Allowed IP’s - Enter a whitelist of the allowed IP addresses, with each IP address on its own line. To allow all IP addresses, leave the field blank.
Save Merchant Application
When you have completed the new merchant application, click the save button at the bottom of the form. You will be offered the further option of ordering equipment and supplies for the new merchant account by visiting the Reseller Store, or you may begin tracking the progress of your new merchant application.